Welcome to Dart, the way to pay for regional transit in Metro Detroit on SMART, DDOT and QLine streetcar.
What is Dart?
Together, DDOT, SMART and QLine are working together to serve you better with a new payment options to make riding transit easier – without transfers or additional fees. Using Dart, allows you to pay once and go with a pass or using the new Dart app.
Choose Your Dart…
With more streamlined fare options, you have four new passes to choose how to pay.
Those eligible for reduced fare include the disabled, youths (ages 6 to 18), and seniors (65 and older). Accepted IDs for reduced fare include:
- SMART/DDOT Reduced Fare ID.
- Valid State of Michigan ID or Driver License (to verify youth or senior).
- Medicare Card (not Medicaid Card) with valid picture ID.
- School ID with picture and date of birth.
All Dart options are rolling passes; they start with the first use for the time period allotted for unlimited rides on both services, in any direction.
Paying Just Got Easier
There are several ways to pay your fare.
- Download the new Dart app. Visit thedartapp.com for more information.
- For your convenience, SMART, DDOT and QLine issue the 4 and 24 hour Dart passes from the onboard fareboxes.
- Buy Dart passes at SMART/DDOT Transit Centers or select DDOT/SMART retail outlets.
- Purchase Dart passes through SMART online or by mail*.
Great news, with the new Dart 31-Day pass, simply touch your Dart pass on the Tap-to-Pay icon which will be located on the farebox and go.
Here’s How To Dart
- Pick your Dart pass
- 4 or 24-Hour pass
- 7 or 31-Day pass
- Purchase the pass
- Onboard (4 or 24-Hour pass) Be sure to SAY before YOU PAY!
- At a Transit Center or online at smartbus.org
- Pay once & go!
Say Before You Pay
When boarding, be sure to tell the driver what fare you need for your ride.
- 4-Hour or 24-Hour pass?
- Reduced fare or full fare?
Coming Soon! Dart Mobile App – Summer 2019