Dart is the way to pay for regional transit in Metro Detroit on SMART, DDOT and QLINE streetcar.
What is Dart?
A way to pay and ride on DDOT and SMART fixed route buses and the QLINE streetcar. Using Dart, allows you to pay once and go with a pass or using the new Dart app.
Dart Regional Passes
With more streamlined fare options, you have four new passes to choose from.
All passes are available for purchase at DDOT and SMART transit centers, QLINE Tech Center, select retail outlets, online or by mail at SMART.
Those eligible for reduced fare include the disabled, youth (ages 6 to 18), and seniors (65 and older). Accepted IDs for reduced fare include:
- SMART/DDOT Reduced Fare ID.
- Valid State of Michigan ID or Driver License (For SMART only).
- Medicare Card.
- DDOT Student ID Card/ ID Card.
Paying Just Got Easier
There are several ways to pay your fare.
- Download the new Dart app. Visit thedartapp.com for more information.
- For your convenience, SMART, DDOT and QLINE issue the 4 and 24 hour Dart passes from the onboard fareboxes.
- Buy Dart passes at SMART/DDOT Transit Centers and QLINE Tech Center or select DDOT/SMART retail outlets.
- Purchase Dart passes through SMART online or by mail*.
When You Board
The 31-Day Regional Pass gives you access to ride DDOT and SMART buses and the QLINE streetcar.
When boarding the bus, touch your pass on the TAP-to-PAY icon located on the farebox.
Here’s How To Dart
- Pick your Dart pass
- 4 or 24 Hour pass
- 7 or 31 Day pass
- Purchase the pass
- Onboard (4 or 24 Hour pass) Be sure to SAY before YOU PAY!
- At a Transit Center or online at smartbus.org
- Pay once & go!
Say Before You Pay
When boarding, tell the driver that you need a 4 hour, or 24 hour full or reduced Dart Pass.
If you are purchasing a reduced fare card, you are required to show proper ID.
How do you Dart?
Share your experience @paywithdart on Instagram!